Tangent Element Installation
We recommend a five panel setup for the Tangent Element panels when using Nucoda or Phoenix.
We use an extra Element-Bt (buttons) panel. You can run with fewer than five panels but you will want to remap some options in this case.
- Connect the Tangent Panels to the workstation
- Install the Tangent Hub application (download from Tangent Support)
- Run the Tangent synapse application.
- You should have three green lights and 4 connected panels (MF, BT , Kb and TK). There may also be a Wave with a red icon next to it.
- Select configure, select the Wave and press the icon to remove it from the list.
- Select the + icon and select ElementBt to add the second button panel.
- It will rename the existing panel to ElementBt(1) and add ElementBt(2)
- You can now use the up and down arrow icons to change the positions of the panels to :
- ElementBt (1)
This will place them in the default Left to Right order in the Tangent Mapper.
- Press apply and the serial number of the panels will be read from the panels.
Test the panel function by pressing keys and turning the encoders : activity will show up next to the panel in question.
Note: You can't run the Tangent Synapse and Mapper applications at the same time.
Nucoda / Phoenix Installation
- Run the Nucoda or Phoenix installer
- Make sure you select options :
- Tangent Panel
- US Keyboard
If the panels are installed correctly you will see the following in your console after starting the application :
winsock version 2.2 ok socket ok connected comms thread running IPC_HUB_COMMAND_INITIATE_COMMS: hub supports protocol revision 3 5 panel(s) are listed 01: type 14 with id 0x000E0001 02: type 15 with id 0x000F0001 03: type 12 with id 0x000C0001 04: type 15 with id 0x000F0002 05: type 13 with id 0x000D0001